Be happy like there's no other day
approximately two years back. I hardly write in English
despite a journalist or whatever. One of my good friend wants me to write in
English who she is the one insisted me to start this blog. A new year has
arrived and I thought of writing something which is going through in mind in
this blog once a week.
One the New
Year eve I and my good friend Tharindu had a walk around Colombo, mainly Galle
Face, where it was filled with people. Tharindu is the one who gave the birth
to my Journalism carrier. I should write a sentence about last year, because it
was one of my best years. I was filled with love, carrier success, and I
travelled to Middle East too.
Starting
with New Year, I saw a wonderful post in face book. It was written by Reuters
Sri Lanka correspondent Shihar Aneez. It said:
Many people believe a new year should bring something new
in their life, different and better than the last year and some new changes.
But a new year does not change anybody. It is just another ordinary year,
unless we do something extraordinary to change ourselves. We conveniently
forget that it is us who should change for a better life and the time can't
change us. Here are some tips (thanks to twitter) I have decided to change
myself in the New Year:
Family first
Exercise
Read
Eat healthily
Save
Learn something new
Volunteer.
Exercise
Read
Eat healthily
Save
Learn something new
Volunteer.
Though
my English writing skills aren't good, thought of writing this blog hasn't
disappeared. As Shihar says a New Year, time or numbers won't change our life,
Time will not change anything in our lives. But there are cultures and
traditions which we cherished over the years. It is common with this Western
New Year system and the Sinhala and Tamil New Year which we celebrated in the
month of April.
We
have to live our lives with those cultures and traditions. It is like batting
on a given pitch facing the bowling an attack consists of Wasim Akram,
Macgrath, Chaminda Vass, Murali and Warne. We have to accept those cultures and
traditions; we have to wish each other on those special days. Just wishing
others and in return getting wishes will not change our life.
So
we need to change ourselves, I am not a motivator, but I write this to help
someone who reads this as it will help him or her to do little changes in their
lives. We need to live a life of joy and happiness. It shouldn't mean that you
don't need to money to live such life or you should have money. You need to understand
the ways which make you happy and the things you capable of. Small changes in
your life will bring happiness to you; a little change will bring happiness to
your life. Understand your priorities, be simple and kind, help others with
what you have and be happy with what you have. Don't compare your life or what
you have with others. Comparing will kill your happiness. Be happy like there's
no other day, work hard let success make noise, help others like an angel. Be
kind be human. Live a life a king but to be king you have to work hard. But to
live a life king you must not have a wear a crown or gold. A crown doesn't make
people like Kings but their attitudes.



Comments
Post a Comment